Trusted IT Advisors
York Jobs of the Week: September 25th
September 29, 2017
Our mission is to provide creative, cutting-edge IT solutions to help companies achieve business, technology, and operational goals and objectives. We believe strongly in creating a true partnership approach with our clients and consultants that fosters a long-term, trust-based relationship.
Our direct end client in St. Paul, MN is looking for a Vendavo consultant for a 9+ month contract-to-hire position.
This is a senior-level Vendavo consultant. Must be interested in converting!
This job was posted on 9/25/2017. Click here to view the original posting.
Big Data Developer
We're looking for a Big Data Developer in Minneapolis, MN for a 9+ month contract. The Big Data Developer/Engineer will be part of a team that will be working across multiple Scrum teams within the Big Data applications.
- Performing all phases of software engineering, including requirements analysis, application design, and code development and testing
- Design, develop, and test reusable frameworks, libraries and Java components
- Address the performance issues and design the solutions to meet low latency needs
- Use Big Data technologies to enrich and transform data and do data analytics, machine learning
- Provide alternate design solutions along with project estimates
- Reviewing code and providing feedback relative to best practices, improving performance, etc.
- Troubleshooting production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Demonstrate substantial depth of knowledge and experience in a specific area of Big Data and Java development
- PIG, SQL, Hive
- Map Reduce
This job was posted on 9/26/2017. Click here to view the original posting.
Senior Quality Architect
Our direct end client in Riverwoods, IL is looking for a Senior QA resource for a contract-to-hire position.
Senior Associate, Quality Engineering (Quality Architect) position within Business Technology and the (ESQM) Enterprise Software Quality Management Department. As a member of Enterprise Software Quality Management team, Jr QA Architect is responsible for releasing quality products efficiently and effectively to both internal and external customers.
- Be part of a team of Agile QA/QC team members and assist building DevOps pipeline
- Bring a development mindset and understanding of automation best practices, in collaboration with Development to design, develop, and expand automation test frameworks, automated tests, integration tests, build smoke tests, test tools, and ensure full end-to-end automation from product initiation to production release
- Incrementally improve the automation tools, automated tests, and processes, while facilitating time to market for product releases short term and longer term
- Build and test programming changes for each phase of systems development prior to implementation
- Writes test cases and expected results, reviews results for conformance to requirements, may plan simple tests or a defined subset of a larger system test, and may make recommendations for acceptance/rejection if requirements are not all met
- Analyzes user requests for systems changes or improvements. Documents functional requirements and assesses cost, feasibility and utility; develops recommendation as to how, when or whether to proceed with making the changes
- Acts as the in-house guide on applications, systems and/or processes to internal clients in identifying and resolving, processing/reporting programming problems
- Provides ongoing assistance for end users, development team, and other partner groups for a particular application, system or process
- Analyze processing procedures; develops recommendations for improvements
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years work experience as Development/Software Development Engineer in test/Automation Engineer
- Experience working in Agile/Iterative development methodology; SAFE experience is preferred
- Strong programming skills, primarily in Java; experience in multiple programming language is preferred
- Ability to collaborate with Development and Application Architects to ensure testability of applications during design phase
- Experience in using the automation tools for API and UI Testing
- Experienced in Agile development, DevOps methodology, and CI/CD process
- Experienced with Service Virtualization using open source or commercial tools
- Exposure to applications developed on AWS, PCF or similar platforms
- Exposure to emerging technologies Micro Services, Cloud Native development
- Major in in Computer engineering or equivalent
This job was posted on 9/28/2017. Click here to view the original posting.
Senior Project Manager
York Solutions is currently seeking a Sr. Project Manager for one of our clients in Minneapolis, MN. Our client is seeking candidates who have experience managing budget scope as this position will have responsibilities regarding budget and forecasting. Any experience within the Utility industry will be viewed as a plus.
- At least 7 years IT work experience combined with 3 to 5 years experience managing complex projects with large budgets ($1 - $5 million)
- Demonstrated understanding of core PMO processes and methodologies (including Waterfall, Iterative, and Agile)
- Mastery of project planning and WBS creation
- PMP Certification required
- AMI Experience
- Vendor Management Experience
This job was posted on 9/29/2017. Click here to view the original posting.
Take a look at our other open positions here!
Not seeing the jobs that match your skillset? Please fill out our online application to be considered for future IT opportunities!
Posted By: Briana Perrino