Trusted IT Advisors
York Jobs of the Week: February 6th
February 09, 2017
Our mission is to provide creative, cutting-edge IT solutions to help companies achieve business, technology, and operational goals and objectives. We believe strongly in creating a true partnership approach with our clients and consultants that fosters a long-term, trust-based relationship.
Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET)
Our client in Eden Prairie, MN is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) for a contract between 6 and 9 months. The SDET is a developer with the primary responsibility of effective assurance of product quality through test automation, code inspections, peer reviews, white-box testing and other forms of engineering excellence. It is a unique and challenging role that calls for a strong passion for quality and technology. It combines the 'building' aspect of software development with the 'testing' part of quality assurance.
Help architect and develop automation infrastructure for the most innovative, cutting-edge and technologically advanced products and systems. The goal is to develop and deploy a fully test automation solutions that empowers a wide community of software engineers and data scientists to deliver a high-quality product and end-user experience.
- Innovate and architect cutting-edge product testing strategies at enterprise level
- Be a part of test architecture team that will design and implement highly sophisticated test automation frameworks and automated test suites to support continuous product delivery
- Use your technical expertise and development skills to implement multiple test automation frameworks including: keyword and data-driven user-interface automation, middleware and XML automation, as well as backend SQL/ETL/Data warehouse automation
- Champion implementation of unit testing strategies; ensure testability in code and measure code coverage
- Track and improve code coverage, as well as enhance development ownership of unit testing
- Review source code for potential problems; reproduce, debug, and isolate problems and verify fixes
- Implement continuous deployment and integration platform with focus on testing and data quality validation
- Analyze code coverage using industry standard code coverage tools such as Sonar and Dynatrace
- Ensure automation tests run per schedule and troubleshoot related issues; automate reporting of continuous delivery status
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work/educational experience
- 4+ years of solid experience as Software Development Engineer in Test with experience with hands-on software testing or development experience with large-scale database systems
- The ideal candidate must be able to code as they will be working in the automation toolsets
- Advanced knowledge of software testing tools, defect and test case management tools
- Experience creating automated test reports/charts/graphs is desirable
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to interface with other departments
- Self-motivation, self-starting drive to work independently
This job was posted on 2/6/2017. Click here to view the original posting.
Senior Project Manager
York Solutions is working with one of our clients in search of a Senior Project Manager. Candidates can sit in Denver, CO or Salt Lake City, UT.
This is a 6-month contract with possibility of extension.
An ideal candidate:
- Software deployment experience is a MUST
- Mining or utility experience
- Automated workflow knowledge
- Oracle experience would be great
For immediate consideration, please submit an updated copy of your resume.
This position was posted on 2/6/2017. Click here to view the original listing.
Data Center Engineer
The Data Center Engineer, with minimal direction from the Senior Data Center Manager, will assume responsibility for the evaluation, technical design, product selection and implementation methodologies of all physical layer components. The position will own the installation and design standards that will be implemented in all Business Systems IT Environments. Capture all metrics and report on available capacities for all space, power, cooling and air flow. Monitor all aspects of the power and cooling delivery systems to ensure resiliency, redundancy and appropriate balancing for the maximum benefit from each delivery system.
- Develop tools and methodologies to accurately track and report on available capacity per rack, row, room, data center; assist with producing a weekly metrics report detailing activity and capacity changes in the data center
- Work with Enterprise Architecture to ensure all hardware requests are vetted against current data center power and delivery methodologies to ensure that the environmental impact and support requirements are fully understood before moving forward
- Partner with the Project Management Office to ensure physical deployment standards are accounted for in all project preplanning for budget and deployment timelines
- Ensure all IT Environment standards are published through the Architecture Standards Committee
- Configure and maintain the DCIM software (APC Data Center Expert) to accurately measure the consumed capacity of the devices monitored
- Provide technical solutions for problems within the physical infrastructure of the data center and IT environments
- Partner with the IT Service Delivery Tools team to develop a link the data center DCIM tool with the monitoring tools for accurate actionable alerts
- Development and deployment of an IT LAN Room automation plan
- Maintain and update existing standards for all IT Environments. Develop and or approve solutions when standards will not work. Ensure that all installations meet the original intent of the standard; document all "non-standard" solutions for future installations when all the same obstacles are presented
- Mentor, coach, train and guide Site Support Specialists to deliver quality data center services
- Provide data center engineering support for all remote sites (travel as required to remote sites nationally)
Background and knowledge requirements:
- Fully understand the principles and deployment characteristics of three phase power in data centers; this would include deployment, power calculation, and load balancing
- Full understanding of Data Center cooling methodologies and deployment best practices; able to discern the inherit risks and benefits of each method
- Ability to determine power and cooling requirements from equipment cut sheets and manufacture specifications
- 5 plus years of data center engineering work in multiple facilities with different power and cooling deployment design types
- 2 - 3 years of designing and implementing equipment installations in small communication rooms located in office buildings and industrial facilities
- Certified BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) or Data Center Design Consultant (DCDC) or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Expertise using Microsoft Office, including Visio and Access
- Flexible - afterhours and weekends required for changes in the Data Center
This job was posted on 2/6/2017. Click here to view the original posting.
Take a look at our other open positions here!
Not seeing the jobs that match your skillset? Please fill out our online application to be considered for future IT opportunities!
Posted By: Jaclyn Roman