Trusted IT Advisors
York Jobs of the Week: February 29th
March 03, 2016
Our mission is to provide creative, cutting-edge IT solutions to help companies achieve business, technology, and operational goals and objectives. We believe strongly in creating a true partnership approach with our clients and consultants that fosters a long-term, trust-based relationship.
Director, IT Operations
Our client in the Chicago, IL area is seeking a Director, IT Operations to join their team. The Director of IT Operations in this fast-paced, change-focused role will oversee the areas of development and support of the IT Service Management Platform, Vendor Management Center of Competence, ITIL-based process governance (Change, Incident, Problem) Help Desk, User Experience, and Customer Service. This individual will play a key, strategic role in the organization's growth and will own responsibility for all applications and infrastructure Level 1 support, all SLAs (applications, infrastructure, networking, customer support), and all customer service and field support. The successful candidate will need to be both a get-it-done leader, as well as a strategic thinker able to turn ideas into action. Responsibilities will include driving the organization to develop and improve its processes in an ITIL based framework.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive IT experience
- Proven experience overseeing the management of a helpdesk serving a global company coupled with a history of developing, measuring and reporting on key performance indicators to drive improvement of service delivery
- 5+ years' experience managing and developing teams of technical employees toward their professional goals
- Experience managing growth and leading change while managing and motivating a technical team
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the use and leveraging of helpdesk tools, ACDs, and process mapping/documentation tools
- Experience defining key metrics for an organization and driving improvement
- Proficient in the development of end user communication and end user training programs
- Outstanding communication in expressing complex ideas in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels in the organization
- Extremely process-focused with experience planning and implementing operational process improvements through ITIL based processes and metrics generation
- Proven experience developing and instituting ITIL processes for incident management, problem management, change management, and asset management
- Experience managing local and offshore contractors and remote employees
- Diplomacy and professionalism to successfully interact with all levels of the organization including senior management
- Solid knowledge of industry practices and IT processes in an ITIL based framework
- Experience managing positive change outside direct reporting relationships
- Skilled in support of corporate executives
- Ability/willingness to travel domestically and internationally 5-10%
This position was posted on 2/29/2016. Read more details about this position.
Director of Quality Assurance
York Solutions is currently looking for a Director of Quality Assurance for one of our local clients. An ideal candidate will be a self-starter with minimum of 10 years of experience working in software development who understands business goals to create scalable, flexible technical testing frameworks that evaluate the product’s ability to meet these goals. This role will provide technical direction and oversight of test automation and ensure modern software testing practices are being applied with rigor equally and consistently across the products and functional teams. We look for candidate who possesses the ability to motivate the team and to cultivate a culture of high energy to help achieving software engineering excellence. Exposure and contribution to software quality assurance community and various automation testing frameworks, especially with the OS solutions are a big plus given our existing OS automation framework.
- Manages a team of 120+ manual and automation test engineers globally
- Acts as the guardian of Software Quality by owning functional and non-functional requirements, architectural direction for testability, setting quality standards, assessing quality risks, and ensuring minimal technical debt
- Acts as a practice manager by supervising the QA team members to follow strict quality assurance principles and use various and appropriate testing strategies throughout the software development cycle
- Directs, plans, and oversees automation team to plan and implement test automation requirements and ensures the creation of quality automation test strategies for functional and non-functional testing
- Prepares quality metrics documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends in software development and production
- Performs risk assessment on application and product quality upon release and/or when needed
- Coordinates with product managers, project managers, technical managers, Network/IT and Operations
- Attends and conducts testing technical training across various teams
- Advocates and drives for both process quality as well as product quality with all stakeholders of the product development teams
This position was posted on 3/1/2016. More information regarding this position can be found here.
Security and Compliance Analyst
York Solutions is seeking a Security and Compliance Analyst for a direct client of ours in the Twin Cities area. The overall purpose of this role is to drive both information security and compliance initiatives. The individual will perform internal and external security compliance monitoring activities, including vendor assessments, managing client audits, IT control audits, and security risk assessments. This role will assist in the management of key compliances such as HIPAA, PCI, EU Safe Harbor, ISO27001, and internal policies and standards.
- 1-2 years information security and compliance experience across a wide base of disciplines including:
- Metric reporting
- Project management
- Customer support and account management
- Audit management and internal audit standards
- Process control design and testing methods
- Risk assessment tools
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery methodologies
- Governance frameworks including ISO27000, HIPAA, PCI, Sarbanes Oxley, and GLBA
- Strong personality – ability and credibility to influence executives, key decision-makers, and highly technical resources
- Strong subject matter credibility – Must have knowledge and ability to take a practical/business-relevant approach to security and compliance, resulting in a practical yet compliant security program
- Ability to make security and compliance real and practical within the business, including investment of necessary time and energy in training and policy/procedures
This position was posted on 3/2/2016. More information regarding this position can be found here.
Level III Support Analyst
One of our direct clients in the Twin Cities is looking for a Level III Support Analyst with eCommerce experience. This person will do some basic functional troubleshooting, coordinate tasks with vendor technical resources, and help to manage client/customer communications.
Ideal candidates will be motivated, have good communication skills, problem solving skills, and task management skills.
- Experience with ServiceNow (as a user)
- Experience with eCommerce websites is a plus
- Experience with Hybris a plus
This position was posted on 3/2/2016. Read more details about this position
Be sure to check out our other posted positions!
Not seeing the jobs that match your skillset? Please fill out our online application to be considered for future IT opportunities!
Posted By: Anastasia Hoosman