Trusted IT Advisors
York Jobs of the Week: Feb 13th
February 16, 2017
Our mission is to provide creative, cutting-edge IT solutions to help companies achieve business, technology, and operational goals and objectives. We believe strongly in creating a true partnership approach with our clients and consultants that fosters a long-term, trust-based relationship.
Server Tool and Automation
Our direct end client in St. Paul, MN is looking for a Server Tool and Automation Consultant for a 12+ month project. Due to export control laws, we need only US citizen or GC holders.
Provide support for Microsoft Systems Management toolset. Includes troubleshooting issue with agents and server environment. Experience with PowerShell, Python, Windows Server, Linux Server, and databases are the primary requirements. Scripting skills are essential.
The automation analyst works with business units, internal clients, and server administrators to develop and implement automated solutions including monitoring management packs, Reports, automation scripts, and workflows for a cross-platform server environment with over 15,000 servers. Minimal work direction needed, highly skilled, and knowledgeable of the position and provides best practice sharing within work group. Works with client to analyze and define the business process that needs an IT solution.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with subject matter experts and Automation team to support the Infrastructure and client related to automation tools
- Assists in the maintenance and support of department systems and tools
Provides informal instruction and support to other support organizations in the area of systems monitoring and automation
- Create and Publish Monitoring Management Packs based on Client and Corporate requirements
- Create/provide process and technical documentation for clients and support purposes as needed
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- High degree of experience with various scripting or programming languages (i.e. Python, VBScript, PowerShell, C+, C# or .NET)
- Past experience of Automating and Integrating systems and applications via custom scripts or programs
- Administration Experience with Windows and Linux Server Operating Systems
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- High degree of skill in the use of Microsoft System Center Tools
- Experience/knowledge with ITSM tools (Examples - Remedy, HPSM, CA)
- Experience/knowledge with SAP
- Experience/knowledge with SQL
- Experience/knowledge with VMware
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to provide technical advice, guidance, and support to professional staff in area of specialty
Position is a support role requiring more work direction whereby worker follows generally defined procedures. Works with client to analyze and define the business process that needs an IT solution. Identifies and documents high-level requirements, maps future state of the solution, and ensures the system/solution meets business and user requirements. Document and map business process and requirements for the future state of the IT solution. Identify and understand the end user's need. Facilitate the business process redesign and documentation as needed.
This job was posted on 2/13/2017. Click here to view the original posting.
Senior Java Developer
York Solutions is working directly with one of our clients in search of a Sr. Java Developer. This position is located in Minneapolis, MN and is a contract-to-hire opportunity.
Duration of contract: 6 Months
End Client: Healthcare
An ideal candidate:
- Java Spring
- Strong OO Programming skills
- Mark Logic experience a plus!
- Any experience with Big Data systems a plus (Hadoop, Cloudera, Horton Works)
- Must have strong Agile skills, ability to work in a fast-paced continuous integration/continuous delivery environment running 2-week sprints
- Note: (Will need to attend Mark Logic training and be able to learn this Big Data tool set)
This position was posted on 2/6/2017. Click here to view the original listing.
Business Systems Technical Project Manager
A direct client of York Solutions is currently seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager for a client in Denver, CO with a background in the utility or energy distribution industry.
The Expert Project Manager is accountable for managing and guiding a team of internal IT and Business (Distribution) resources in the on-time, on-budget delivery of complex and high-risk multi-million dollar projects within the client's Intelligence & Security Initiative.
The project will entail:
- Coordinating work with business (Distribution) PMs
- Ensuring field devices are properly configured
- Overseeing team of engineers, display build resources and Power Tuning resources
- Establishing and optimizing process to configure, perform end-to-end testing of devices and field installations
The Expert PM is responsible for planning the work, managing a cross-functional team, managing full project financials (Forecasts, Actuals and Variance explanations), performing proactive risk/issue identification and mitigation and providing regular communications at various levels of the organization.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Manage day-to-day aspects of project scope. Minimizes project risk. Creates and manages project work plans and work breakdown structures. Leads the project planning effort, definition of the deliverables and the required delivery dates, creation of a logical work breakdown structure, definition of major project milestones and critical path tasks, management of a Risk, Actions, Issues and Decision (RAID) logs and accumulation of all project cost and benefit estimates.
Must be adept at managing stakeholder expectations, scope, requirements, design, development, testing and deployment using a defined SDLC approach via both internal and external (Vendor) project team resources.
Must LEAD the team to a successful implementation by controlling project execution. Actively manages monitors, prepares and produces project management reports, timelines, budgets, and documentation.
Must have worked within a formal PMO IT Software delivery environment.
Utility experience a plus.
This job was posted on 2/6/2017. Click here to view the original posting.
Take a look at our other open positions here!
Not seeing the jobs that match your skillset? Please fill out our online application to be considered for future IT opportunities!
Posted By: Briana Perrino