Trusted IT Advisors
York Jobs of the Week: December 18th
December 21, 2017
Our mission is to provide creative, cutting-edge IT solutions to help companies achieve business, technology, and operational goals and objectives. We believe strongly in creating a true partnership approach with our clients and consultants that fosters a long-term, trust-based relationship.
The focus for these QA engineers will be on the automation side of Big Data. Looking for experience with setting up automated testing (script writing skills), understanding of CI/CD process, Data testing / Data transformation / Data quality process.
Big Data Tech Stack:
-Kafka/OpenSource Chef (Drools experience would be a plus!)
-NoSQL Database (They are leaning towards Cassandra)
-Elastic Search (ELK)
This job was posted on 12/19/2017. Click here to view the original posting.
Incident Systems Administrator
York Solutions is looking for an Incident Systems Administrator. This role is located in Denver and is a contract-to-hire position.
The client is looking to bring on an administrator to work within their operations center to coordinate daily overall incident and change management within the IT production environment. Successful candidates will have several years of IT operational experience, including incident and change management in technologies that include VMWare, Windows and *nix server operating systems, and multi-tiered infrastructure and application technical deployments. Candidates should have skills to gather, analyze and coordinate effective diagnostics for incident coordination and decision making so that timely restoration of reliable IT services occurs. The ability to understand logical web, application and database deployments - and physical network, compute and storage infrastructures - to analyze forensics and isolate root cause for service interruptions is key to success. Familiarity with operational monitoring, scripting and tools/techniques for effective analysis and coordination is important for success. The ability to engage “the right” support teams, at the right level, and facilitate service restoration in a dynamic teaming fashion is important. Must be comfortable assembling and leading ad-hoc teams to maintain production IT service reliability. Deep experience with IT ticketing system pipelines, dashboard event management, automations, forensic analysis and ITIL foundations will allow the smoothest transition, as will broad technology experience, including previous roles as multi-faceted system administrator.
This job was posted on 12/20/2017. Click here to view the original posting.
Project Manager (Infrastructure)
York is looking for a Project Manager with Infrastructure experience to work with one of our direct clients on a contract role in the Denver area.
• Coordinate internal resources and vendors for the flawless execution of projects
• Project management responsibilities will include delivering the project on time within budget and scope. Project managers should have a background in business skills, management, budgeting, and analysis
• Create detailed forecasts and actuals worksheet with reconciliation activities and variance explanations
• Manage project financials in Oracle Unifier, SharePoint, SAP and other applications
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
• Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Ensure resource availability and allocation
• Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
• Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
• Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
• Report and escalate to management as needed
• Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Play the role of Technology PM / Tech Lead at times and work with Business Analyst, Project Architects and Enterprise Architecture team
• Manage the basics – capturing and sending meeting minutes, action items, open risks with mitigation plans, decisions and project issues
• Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers
• Proven working experience as a project administrator in the information technology sector
• Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Strong facilitation skills, driver and should be able to report up and work with resources working on the project
• Should be able to work with uncertainty, unknown and lack of clarity
• Should be familiar with Data integrations internal, external, firewalls, DMZ, etc.
• Should have been exposed to and led Projects with Agile – SCRUM, Kanban methodology
• PMP certification is a plus
• SCRUM certification is a plus no travel expected
This job was posted on 12/21/2017. Click here to view the original posting.
Take a look at our other open positions here!
Not seeing the jobs that match your skillset? Please fill out our online application to be considered for future IT opportunities!
Posted By: Jaclyn Roman