Trusted IT Advisors
Highlight of York Jobs of the Week: October 20th
October 23, 2014
Business Systems Analyst
York Solutions is looking for a Business Systems Analyst for our direct client in the Minneapolis, MN area. This position will be 6-9 month contract with a possibility of going full time after the 6 month contract is finished.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review Requests for Development from our business partners, eliciting business requirements and obtaining clarification and additional information when necessary
- Identify and analyze business problems, defining the scope of activities required to address those problems, including requirement definition, process review, and impact assessment
- Translate business requirements into clear functional specifications that will facilitate the design of business solutions aligned with IT architectural direction
- Partner with Quality Assurance Testers, reviewing test plans and test cases, triaging bugs, and serving as a subject matter expert for various applications
- Participate in planning sessions, daily stand-ups, and other project meetings
- At least 1 year of experience as a Business Systems Analyst OR as a technical Business Analyst
- Ability and propensity to establish and maintain personal connections across the organization to deliver results collaboratively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on-site for core hours in support of in-person team meetings and project work
This position was posted on 10/20/2014. More information regarding this position can be found here.
A client in the Minneapolis area is looking for a Program Workplan Manager for a 6-12+ month project.
This Workplan Manager must be an expert with MS Project.
Responsibilities include ,but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintaining the integrated workplan for project Polaris consisting of multiple country deployment projects, multiple SAP environments, regular production releases and infrastructure updates
- Analyze the program critical path and identify recommendations for timeline issues
- Develop timeline scenarios for program leadership
- Experience with Visual Basic for Applications
- Experience with program management for ERP Implementation projects, especially SAP and SAP Solution Manager
- Experience with Clear Quest
- Experience planning large programs with multiple projects integrating into a single plan
- Expert knowledge and skills with MS Project
- Excellent proficiency with Sharepoint and MS Excel
This position was posted on 10/21/2014. Read more details about this position.
App Support Analyst
Our client in the Minneapolis, MN area is currently looking for an App Support Analyst for a 6-9 month contract-to-hire opportunity.
- Level 2+ Application Support
- Provide technical troubleshooting for standard and priority incidents
- Understand clients applications, as well as their functioning parts to help triage and expedite issues as they are presented
- Create procedures for code deploys in Production and other environments
- Act as an escalation point for IT Operations on application issues/events and their underlying technology and processes
- Categorize new tasks/events/work as projects or operations
- Build operational processes and performance dashboards for operational IT
- Build system performance monitoring alerts and train others on them
- Document known issues and solutions to add to and/or update our knowledge libraries
- 5 years of technical support experience and proven customer service abilities
- Solid understanding of key internet protocols and internetworking: HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, firewalls, proxy servers
- Knowledge of Database data manipulation tools (SQL querying & updating)
- Experience supporting multiple web browsers and Java VM platforms
- Experience supporting highly-available, web applications for external clients
- Experience with service restoration, root cause analysis and problem management processes
- Experience with complex infrastructure projects
- Experience with IT Service Management tools such as Axios Assyst, ServiceNow
- Familiar with basic ITIL concepts
This position was posted on 10/21/2014. Check out more details regarding this position.
Senior Project Manager
Our client is seeking a Senior Project Manager in the Minneapolis, MN area for a 9+ month contract position.
Required skills and experience:
- 10 years of Microsoft Excel experience
- 10 years of Project Management experience
- 10 years of Microsoft PowerPoint experience
- 10 years of Microsoft Project or similar PM tool experience
- SharePoint experience
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks for self and others
- Experience managing large, multi-million dollar projects and programs and/or experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of project management tools, methods and best practices as defined by Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Strong experience with the use of ETCs, Baselines, Dependencies, Resource Leveling, and Burn Rate
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational and analytical skills
- High degree of professionalism and high sensitivity for confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal, partnership, and collaboration skills used to solve problems and drive decisions
This position was posted on 10/22/2014. For more details, please click here.
Be sure to check out our other posted positions!
Posted By: Anastasia Hoosman